View Single Post
Old 10-18-2003, 03:03 AM   #1
Montana_576
Established Member

M.O.C. #576
New Kid, New Truck

Just wanted to let you all know that we picked up what I feel is a good buy on a truck. I found a 2002 low mileage, F350 SD 7.3lt power stroke, SRW, long bed, 4X4, Lariat trim package. I have two questions I need get some background on.

1) The boys at work are all back slapping me and telling me that I need to put a new chip in the computer this will give me better fuel economy and increase my power. There advice of course comes to me from a "friend of a friend", so I just smile and thank them for their encouraging words and thought I would let the group weigh in on this one.

2) I want to put a work box in the back of the truck. The extended cab is great, but I feel that I need more storage space for tool and stuff that guys need like tie down straps, tow straps and miscellaneous guy stuff as my wife calls it. My question is will I have access to the box when the 5er is on the truck or will I still need the slide to move the 5er back to gain the access I might need on the road? I have a long bed and was hoping that I would have the room I need.

Thank for all your input.
George & Sharon Desiderio

George A. Desiderio
Pope Co. Arkansas

2004 3280RL, 2002 F350 power stroke, Extended Cab, LWB, SRW,
Montana_576 is offline   Reply With Quote