View Single Post
Old 08-16-2005, 05:57 AM   #6
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Thanks for the good info here folks. I realize many things are variable for each of us, but it would appear that we may be driving 30 to 35000 miles when retired and of course more of that mileage will be towing the Monty. I think we need to focus a bit more on Steve's comment that "your fuel cost may be higher" "but other costs may be lower and offset the fuel costs". We will have less clothes costs(no more dress clothes), daily lunch costs will be less and many other costs that have been mentioned. We are determined to do this no matter what the cost is when we retire, even if we errode some of our savings,investments during the decade or so we wish to travel extensively. Maybe I will pump gas here and then to offset costs. Let's all keep our dreams ALIVE. Everyone says we won't be needing near as much to live when we reach 75 or 80 years of age. Maureen & I will be done travelling long before then. To those of the forum who are still pulling the Montys after 75, I tip my hat to you!!!
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote