View Single Post
Old 06-09-2006, 07:39 PM   #43
Chaser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2310
Send a message via Yahoo to Chaser
Adelmoll: There are a couple of State Parks you might really enjoy - in Oregon - we go over to Portland area a lot for medical reasons and it's very convenient to stay at Champoeg State Park - it's a lovely park - between I-5 and 99@ - open meadows or in the trees if you can get in that area - we stay in the meadows area always - sites are between 63-80 feet long - tables - grassy - showers/restrooms conveniently located, as are garbage areas, ice and pop machine - about 10 minutes from the Donald-Aurora Truck Stop - easy drive to Newberg or Wilsonville for groceries, laundry, dining etc.; the other is on Lake Billy Chinook - just because it is a quiet - wildlife area - near Madras - is nicer just before school get out or after it starts - upper level is grassy with big shade trees.
Another one that just came to mind if Lapine State Park between Lapine and Bend (closer to Lapine) - have stayed there with friends and family eventhough it's 10 minutes from our house and that of Virgil and Karen Lee's (Sunshine)....another one is at Bandon....on the Coast...do I sound like an advertisement for Oregon State Parks - probably - my Mom was a camphose at several of them during her Rving years.....We LOVE our Oregon Parks, ya'll come see us.

Chaser,
Mike & Evy Orlob
Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote