View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 04:20 PM   #2
Jdrobone
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9833
Dan,
I have not worked on my 2010 Monty's hydraulic system (yet), but . . . having worked in an industrial environment for a number of years - a "typical" setup has a pair of 2 pole switches on the control panel (wherever that might be) one for "in" one for "out" One contact on ,each switch, will be used to turn the pump motor on, the other contact operates a solenoid actuated valve that allows the hydraulic fluid, under pressure, into one end of the cylinder - left, right or in and out, or up and down - you get the picture. There are several ways to allow the downstream fluid to return to the reservoir and not having delved into this system I dunno what method they use here. One thing you can do is have someone observe the reservoir when you hold the button, trying to make it move in the direction it doesn't want to go. If you see a steady stream of fluid flowing back into the reservoir then probably the rubber "cup" in the cylinder has blown out. If the motor sounds fine when running in the direction that works but sounds like it's stalling in the direction that doesn't work then the valve (whether by bad coil on the solenoid or stuck shuttle in the valve actuator (trash in the fluid can cause this) is not allowing the fluid to the operable end of the hydraulic cylinder - or - (doncha hate the "ors"?) that "return" we touched on earlier make be obstructed so the cylinder won't move 'cause there's noway for the fluid to return to the reservoir.
Hope this helps.
Jerry
Jdrobone is offline   Reply With Quote