View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 11:37 PM   #8
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by TheCoachPotatoes

Not sure I understand what you mean. We have an '05 Montana and while the toilet is a little different than on the '93 Dutchmen we used to have, it operates on the same principal. If yours flushes like a regular toilet, then perhaps it was changed by the previous owners. (I see you have an '01 model). If you have a regular toilet, then you may fill the black tank up sooner. Could you post a picture so we can see what you mean?
To try and clarify what I mean.....
The toilet that came with the Montana when we purchased it (used) does in fact operate just like a standard toilet. It has a built in storage tank with the flush arm. I think when flushing this toilet it would use several gallons of water or at least a couple gallons per flush.

When we purchased this unit I was looking at some pamphlets that was showing what looks like the same type of toilets that we have and I was wondering if this is something new that RV manufactures have started doing on some brands.

Thanks for all the responses!
Bill & Donna

I will say that it appears a P.O. at some point re decorated the bath room in the one we just bought and possibly they could have changed it out.

At any rate if this fills the black tank too quickly I will more than likely make a switch back to the standard RV toilet.

To respond to the question about the water sloshing around in the storage tank on the toilet, I have only pulled it home so far. What we did was to turn off the water punp and then flushed so that the water wouldn't slosh around. I will continue this practice until something is resolved.