View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 09:09 AM   #62
jameswbarton
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18658
AC Unit

Artemus. Sound like you have it all together. One suggestion. Icing is caused by the airflow of supply and return air not matching the specifications of each AC unit. In my Montana my Blizzard NXT in the rear needs @least 48 sq inches of supply duct volume capacity to keep the coils from icing. Dometic recommends a minimum of 4 ceiling registers of 14 square inches of free airflow per register. My penguin in the front has an almost identical requirement. So in my Montana I had 7 ceiling registers but found out they were only capable and designed to deliver 10 inches of free airflow. So if you want to improve the system and allow the fan to run on auto adding more ceiling vents to meet least the minimum recommended Dometic air flow I had to add three additional identical vents. This brought me up to 100 sq inches of supply airflow and I can run both my units in auto fan without icing. I am behind you on getting heat sources fixed! I have however gottenall interior air to properly circulate without hot spots.
jameswbarton is offline   Reply With Quote