View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 04:49 AM   #70
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
My wife wants a handgun with the laser but I keep telling her it is a gimmick for the normal person because you will never use it. If you take the time to trigger the laser and find it and point it you will most likely be dead. As has been said most times you will be in the same room as the perp and there is no need to aim or find front sights etc. You will point your finger and shoot. That is the way we were taught in the military and have heard from others, the gun is your finger, point it and shoot it. Now there may be that time you get in a gun battle at a distance but it is rare. Maybe then a laser will help or you will have time to aim with the gun sights. Myself I think I would just keep my head down.......... I too like the little .380 I have but there are those times I feel better with my .45. A lot will have to do with the size of the person. A .45 in my hand looks like a .38 in the hand of a smaller person. If you are buying for a women you may want a revolver. Some women just cannot operate the slide on some automatics, my wife included. That's why she has a little .22 derringer. Easy for her to operate and small for her little hands, and hopefully it will be enough of a deterrant. It would probably be just as bad for her if she pulled the trigger and did kill someone, no matter how bad a person they were I'm not sure she would be able to handle that.
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote