View Single Post
Old 03-23-2023, 03:35 PM   #11
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Well, maybe there is some light at the end of the tunnel!

The weather has warmed up a bit. Day time temps are now in the 50's. But, it's been miserable wet for days and days. It's been days of constant overcast skies, no sunshine, and a rainy mist always in the air. Occasionally, it will begin actually sprinkling, then turn back into a mist. This has been going on for days now.

But, 2 days ago we had a break. It got sunny. I had opportunity to help my neighbor (Widowed woman with a 10 year old daughter) un-winterize her Coleman travel trailer. She was elated for the help, I was elated to do something! I got her all fixed up. Actually, I talked her through the process and she did the "work". It's the only way for someone to learn ... do it themselves you know. She purchased the Coleman late last Fall, so everything is still new to her.

Meanwhile, yesterday was a miserable day again. I wanted to un-winterize my own Montana, but did not. BUT!!!!! I did it today! Yahoo! Every thing went very well. No issues at all. I even got the ice maker purged with no RV antifreeze taste. I have a water meter on my Montana, and I only flushed 47 gallons of water through the system! yea ... "only?"

So, I also switched my garden hoses. For Christmas, my wife got me two brand new white hoses. I switched them on my hose reel and broke them in to flush the RV antifreeze.

A few days ago, my wife and I made a gigantic grocery list of everything we need to put back into the camper that was removed for Winter. Absolutely everything with water in it, and absolutely every stitch of food or anything to prepare food with. So, I started working off that list and put some of those things back too. Things like sugar, salt, flour, cooking oil, bug spray, dishwashing liquid .... you know, all those types of things that are "staples" that can be stored long term, opposed to perishable food. That will come later.

So, I had quite a day! It was successful, and according to my Samsung watch, I walked a total of 11,049 steps back and forth between the camper and the house today! Great exercise, I feel actually regenerated again!

Our first camp of the season is March 31.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote