View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 04:43 PM   #1
Clemson1881
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9432
Carrier Comes Through After All

I loved the thing. Cooled great. Worked awesome with the ducted system. Had a remote control. But the compressor has bitten the dust inside of two years. After some research I found that the compressor being positioned sideways instead of vertically is problematic? Perhaps some HVAC members could comment? Anyway, now the task of getting Carrier to do anything about it has gotten old quickly! Left messages, no call back. Emails not returned. They offered a two year warranty on these units, but with them not making them anymore it may prove difficult to get help. I am getting zero help from my dealer as well, so no more business or referrals for them. Good luck if you own Carrier and have a problem! At least Good Year stepped right up and made their Marathons good when they went bad. Things like this Carrier situation really make you appreciate good service when you get it. I will replace the Carrier with a 15K Dometic most likely and connect it to the factory thermostat at zone 2. You have to order the electronic control kit for it to work right.
Clemson1881 is offline   Reply With Quote