View Single Post
Old 10-26-2014, 03:07 PM   #18
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
since I have changed two filters and primed them both times I don't have a problem with the prime at all. The codes for low fuel rail pressure was there as I stated before as well as two glow plug failures, #6 and #8.. I have already replaced the glow plugs and had no more check engine lights. As soon as the 1st rolls around I will make a run to the Chevy dealer and get a full diagnostic run on the truck. I kept the speed below 65 the rest of the trip and from Kingman to Vegas I barely hit 50 since there are 3 very large humps (big hills) between Kingman and Vegas. The one in Kingman starts out at 35 and goes straight to 65 on a 6% grade. I took my time and got in line with all the other trucks and RVs trying to make the top and got almost to 45 on that hill. the other two were not quite as bad but it was still a load. No further problems arose with the fuel or the engine.
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote