View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 02:28 AM   #2
QKnot
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #24001
I have a 2020 330RL. The weights on mine and your pending unit are very similar. I'm within all my ratings, but I have a Ram 3500.

My thoughts:
I noticed you included things like Max Payload and Curb Weight. I could be wrong, but I'm guessing you got those numbers off GM's website. You can find your as built payload on the yellow sticker on the driver's side door, but that won't account for things you load into it like your 5th wheel hitch, your family, dogs, etc. What you need to determine is your actual payload. My advice would be to load up your truck as if you were going camping and go get it weighed. Take that number minus the GVWR and that's the payload you have to carry the pin weight.

As far as your pin and trailer weights, you are using dry weights. A better method would be to take 20% of your trailer's GVW and use that as your pin weight. Your GVW is 14,260 which means 20% will be 2852 lbs. That's hopefully the max your pin will ever weigh. If you can subtract that from your actual payload and still have something left over, you should be good to go. It should in reality weigh less, but probably not that much less.

I think you'll be ok, but you'll have to run the numbers yourself once you get it. I would definitely get it weighed when you get it. Then you'll know exactly what you are dealing with.
QKnot is offline   Reply With Quote