View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 03:48 PM   #10
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I'm technologically poor. That is to say I spend to much money on new gadgets. I bought Earlene her Kindle 2 mother's days ago, and her iPad last mother's day. (This year she doesn't get anything. It's going in the fuel tank). She loves both of those gadgets. She loves the kindle for the light weight, compared to the iPad. There are many applications for different computers that will support kindle e-books, but she really likes her Kindle. She lays on her side to read and she has a portable book light that she just lays beside her pointing at the screen. The font technology of the kindle is supposed to be the superior of the e-bood readers. Forget the iPad in sunlight. The Kindle font can also be increased for those that are optically challenged. The Kindle also has the capability of viewing "native pdf," whatever that is. It was part of the upgrade that we loaded. Earlene is an avid reader. She gave away 300 hard back books here at the stick house, but still has hundreds more on the book shelves.

JIm (Ozz), I think that you may be able to still find some of those "Little Golden Books," on-line. You know, "See spot run!"
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote