View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 04:02 AM   #18
Wandering Star
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #50
Got 160,000 miles on my 2000 ford 7.3 and have replaced cam sensor twice. The last time was a nightmare. Just hook up and ready to depart campsite when truck would not start. Ford dealer was within 2 miles from site but would not tow because truck was not bought there. Had to call my buddy who has a Dodge to pull my truck from underneath my trailer to get it off site so I could get at the trailer. He didn't have a 5th wheel hitch to pull trailer. Naturally as he pulled me through campground he had to blow horn to make everyone aware that a Dodge was rescuing a Ford. Finally got in contact with a fellow 5th wheel camper who also owns a Ford to come and pull trailer off site to my home. This took another two hours and you know from the beginning of this fiasco the oncoming camper was waiting to pull on, he wasn't to happy but there wasn't to much he could do about it.

To make matters worse when I finally found a garage other then the ford dealer ( I go to hell and back before I take truck there) to make repairs, he couldn't tow truck because it was to heavy, he had and old GM. we did it the old way with a Length a chain and got it to the shop. He knew right away what it was because he repairs town vechiles with the 7.3 engines.

So people what I want to say to each and everyone who contribuated to this thread is thank you for your websites, pictures, and tool list. You know I will purchase and carry necessary items to make my own repairs.

By the way, the only trouble I have had with truck has been the cam sensor, it's been a great truck.
Thanks Jon
Wandering Star is offline   Reply With Quote