Thread: screen door mod
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2015, 07:38 AM   #5
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
We did the conversion at the Fall Rally this year! We took the Lexan and cut it to fit into the groove in both the top and bottom sections of the screen door. We used the thicker Lexan and don't need any screen door gasket to put in the groove to make it tight. We also put a small piece into the area in the middle of the door where the sliding section is that you move to open the door when the front door is closed. We had to take out the middle brace piece to put the small piece it but it was no problem. Fitting it into the extra grooves of the screen door is perfect and you cut the Lexan a little bit larger than the opening so it will stay in the groove. You flex it just a small amount to get it to fit into the grooves but aside from that it works perfect. Some have used mirror clips to hold theirs in but I am going to try and use some dots of clear silicone to hold ours in at the bottom. That way I do not have to put more holes in the metal of the screen door. I'll let everyone know how that idea works. It is surprising also how much quieter it is in the unit from outside noises when you have the door open and the Lexan in place in the screen door.

1retired06-- I have a grid that I purchased at Camping World that is adjustable to fit the bottom of the door and it keeps anyone/anything(children and pets included) from messing up the bottom section of the lexlan and scratching it. So if you get one of those you might be safe.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote