View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008, 07:27 AM   #51
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Again, I am not a physics expert so maybe someone can jump in and help us with this. Since the movement is side to side, it seems to me that having the arms closer to that same plane would be more beneficial. But, that's with the arms connected as close to the feet as possible. But I really don't know.

John, we currently have minimal blocking and have a fair amount of leg extended. However, we also have the inner leg extended more than I normally like. We're experimenting, too. I think next stop, which is an overnight stop, I'll try minimizing extension of the landing gear, especially the inner legs, if the terrain permits. It's easier to experiment on overnight stays where I don't have to hitch up to change the landing gear extension.

Anyone out there with experience setting up with these stabilizers please feel free to tell us what you've found works and what doesn't.

on edit -- yesterday I raised the rear stabilizers, removed the slim yellow plastic square we had put under them and inserted one stack of three 2x10's that I have already set up and screwed together. That's about 4 1/2 inches of height as opposed ot maybe 3/8 inch. It did seem to help. Still more movement than I like but better.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote