View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 11:17 AM   #20
bighornram
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11619
Sorry to hijack the thread but I know a lot of the meaning in this thread is the workmanship.

My warranty ended one month ago. I stopped taking it into the dealer for several reasons. My list has been huge and like you Richfaa I live 60 miles away. I'm sure I might miss some of them but my kitchen faucet, microwave, ceiling fan, antenna, converter, thermostat have been replaced. Full metal replacement on curb side where metal separated from trim line. Many drawers don't latch. I now have a 6 inch tear in the vinyl floor between the island and the kitchen slide where the cabinet opened in travel. A pan fell out and rubbed or pinched or something ripping the floor open. There are staples sticking up out of the carpet all over the place. My toilet seat fell off on my last trip. The wall that the latch for the front closet mirror door pulled right off. One of the latches holding the TV drawer in the entertainment center was broken, loose and requiring the other one to secure the TV in place. TV could have easily slid right out and been a huge expense. I don't drive it like it's stolen either....just bumps and easy turns which I believe should be considered normal driving conditions. Then there was the flood of water from the under belly. The dealer service manager was angry that he has someone spend several hours checking for leaks. He told me there was no leak found and no sign of any water leakage. Thankfully I had taken a video of the water streaming out from under the rig. I was prepared and had my laptop with me. He didn't care to see the video but the tech who worked on it wanted to see it. He happened to walk up as I was offering. He was amazed at how much water was running out and said to keep an eye out for it to happen again. For those who hadn't seen the video in a post, the under belly actually was sagging several inches from the weight of the water. Rep was trying to say it was from sprinklers at RV park. Maybe but wow, what happens if you drive in a rainstorm, the underbelly fills with water enough to sag the bottom! These things have all been documented but I'm simply tired of driving the rig to get things repaired. I must also say some of the repairs were no better than before. I have the headboard issue, staples not in all the way but still covered by the leather. I elected to stop bringing it there because I was having to fix the fixes anyway and tired of the attitude there.

I'm my own warranty now. I actually feel better knowing that now I have to fix things but at least I know they will be right. Cost of ownership.

Rant over... well my regulator seems to still be working.

P.S. Richfaa that full body paint looks good even in the year 2025! LOL.
bighornram is offline   Reply With Quote