View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 02:59 AM   #8
pappy65
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10842
I had a Keystone Raptor prior to this Montana and I called Keystone with a list of 17 or 18 items that I mostly fixed myself. Many were things that were so simple, could have been done the right way at the factory with little to no effort. Couple of examples, tv antenna crank shaft at least 3" too long. Took handle off and cut to length so crank was flush at ceiling. Water pump has 4 mounting holes with rubber grommets, only had screw in one. Worst item was wheel bearings were all but totally dry from factory.
On our 2011 Montana, it has only been to the dealer once for intermittent furnace problem. I ended up fixing furnace, turned out to be the gas valve.
We have owned trailers since 1983 including alumalite, wilderness, carrilite, raptor, and now montana.
I would rate the montana at the top after almost 2 years of use. Most problems on all of the trailers I've owned, except the raptor, were with the equipment made by other companies and not the trailer itself. ie. water heaters, refrigerators, furnaces, tires....
pappy65 is offline   Reply With Quote