View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 09:16 AM   #5
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Save your dollars and get a full trailer stabilization system like JT StrongArm or SteadyFast. A king pin stabilizer can cost $80 to $140. For around $250 to $300 you can get far more stabilization that just for the front of the rig.

The problem with most stabilization systems is that they provide vertical stabilization with very little horizontal stabilization. Then there's side to side stabilization like with a Wayne's RV stabilizer which improve this but still not quite enough.

The best and still affordable are the JT Strong Arm, SteadyFast systems, or similar systems - I think BAL has one but is in single pieces and therefore expensive by the time all the bars you need are installed - that use side to side AND front to back stabilization to reduce movement tremendously. These also fasten permanently to the rig for ease of setup. Usually, just a couple of knobs to tighten things up, then loosen them to retract the system. Great value, price, and convenience for what you get. I am already sold on these type (probably SteadyFast) as soon as DW says it's okay to spend the money.

I won't even get into the solid performers because of their high costs, unless you want to know about these. Now we're talking $1,000s.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote