Thread: Slides stop,
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 10:17 PM   #10
Overlord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11202
On my '09, I have had two screws that had backed out or maybe pulled up by bouncing over rough highways. One screw under the bedroom slide, and one under the kitchen slide. The place where I'm talking about is the screws that attach the trim on the main floor that the slides glide on. I noticed the first one when I started to get a groove in the plastic sheet that covers the bottom of the bedroom slide, the other one I noticed that the polypropylene moisture barrier under the kitchen slide got a cut all the way through it. I jacked up the slides and cut the heads off of the screws that were sticking up. Probably not the best fix, but would have had to remove the slides to repair the right way. It has been over a year now with no more problems.

Also, check that there are no foreign objects under the slides or in the channel that the slide floor drops down into when they are all the way extended. Little things like AA batteries, dog toys, etc., can roll under the slide floors when they are are all in and you're travelling down the road.
Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote