View Single Post
Old 09-25-2018, 06:00 PM   #27
sbemis611
Established Member

M.O.C. #17705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikendebbie View Post
1) The antenna tip needs to be closer to the back of the trailer so that the Donut of coverage pattern goes down toward the Tow Vehicle.

Do you mean the antenna on the camera? So basically the antenna should be vertical and centered on the camera, and pointed toward the truck as much as possible?

Just realized I missed one of your questions the antenna on the camera has a kinda notch in it but if you leave it there is is pretty vertical to the trailer the problem is that the radiation pattern of those types of antenna is like a sliced in half donut if you where to look at it from the side with the donut hole being the center of the antenna. So with the antenna vertical most of the radiated power is flying over the Tow Vehicle since the camera is mounted so high on the Trailer. if you push the tip of the antenna closer to the Rig it tilts that radiation pattern on making the fatter part of that donut pattern inline with where the dash of the Tow vehicle is. If you are still unsure of what the heck I am talking about let me know and I will see if I can find or draw (not a pretty site) a picture
sbemis611 is offline   Reply With Quote