View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 06:43 PM   #10
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Rondo

Don-- Did you make the door or did you buy it somewhere? Since we both have the same unit, your mod is REAL interesting to me! I've got the 32" LED unit just have to figure how to mount it now and yours is a great idea!
Hi Ron I made the door out of a bunch of scrap red oak.

A 32" flat screen in that area will have problems and one is this when the slide is opened, on mine the swing of the door comes within 1/2" from touching the finish trim that goes around the dinning room slide.
The thickness of a larger TV might be another problem if the TV is more than 4" thick there is the possability of the slide when opening might connect and detroy the TV and the trim of the slide the actual space between the slide and cabinet face is 6.5 inches.
If you have a lot of money, they do make those mounting brackets that have flexable joints, but mounting them on the TV and then on a support system in the cabinet hole will still add inches to the total thickness of the TV and opening of the slide. the TV I got is 1" thick they are making thinner ones, but are much more money, we got ours at Costco for 289.00 plus U.Sam. they are very simple to make if you look at the pictures.