Thread: Tripod
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 03:34 PM   #8
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

We have a tri-pod and don’t use it anymore. It did help a little but I don’t think it’s worth the hassle of hauling it around and setting it up all of the time. We also have the locking wheel chalks between the wheels. I think that is one of the best tools for removing movement inside the camper there is. With the standard stabilizers in the back and the wheel chalks I don’t think we need anything else. We level the camper when we first back in from side to side then we put the wheel chalks in place and then we level from front to back once we are disconnected. If we’re level and the stabilizers are down we hardly notice any movement at all. I noticed more movement whenever I have blocked the stabilizers with several layers of blocking underneath them and not have them blocked close to the ground. I believe from my own observation that with minimal blocking below the landing gears and the stabilizers there is less movement in general.

We also have a washer/dryer combo and it will shake the camper some. Once we bolted the unit to the floor with the suggested brackets it minimized the shaking. It doesn’t bother us enough to think about it being a problem.