View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 11:37 AM   #17
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
jjackflash (and others)... you are SO right on. I have had to wait until the next day after a good night's sleep. Most times the satellite dish is the last thing I have set up after arriving. After unhitching, leveling and stabilizing the rig, adding the sewer connection, doing all the slides, running the electrical, installing the mass of plumbing, checking propane, interior setup and exterior setup, it could be dark by the time I get to the satellite. Then with fatigue setting in and it's all over. But once I learned the gauge on my azimuth was off even at the level and at north sometimes I can plop down the dish and BEEEP, just like that. It won't even necessarily be truly level and pointing north, but I can get OVER 90% every time. Go figure!

mtheo - Congratulations on your success and welcome to the land of satellite frustration. Wait until DirecTV releases their 3D channel and provide more than 250 HD channels and then you'll need a new dish, receivers but still have to rely on the Kentucky windage method to find that signal. More beer for everybody!
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote