View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 12:40 PM   #8
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
Help yourself on the copy, the bottom TV support board (the one that is sandwiched between the floor and the new sub floor) is 3/4 red oak plywood, the board behind the TV is also 3/4 red oak ply. The subfloor is 1/2 red oak ply, the spacers are 3/4 ply and 1/2 ply. If you look at the 1st picture you will see some furniture glides that self-stick. I have these on the bottom and top for the support board to float on.

The piano hinge I used is heavy-duty stainless steel. Total build time about 2 days, figuring it out the past year, build cost about $135.00, all the materials are from Lowes. Note that the TV is bolted to the backboard and also to the bottom support board, which bears all the TV weight. We used just the bottom board with the TV screwed to it for about a year while I planned this upgrade. Also note that all the ply edges have the iron on oak edging for a finished look, no ply edges show.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote