View Single Post
Old 03-09-2008, 11:55 AM   #31
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
OK, I took the new covers and mounted them to the original baffles, the piece of the original that fits against the ceiling. You have to use a small screwdriver to pop off the old rotating cover. The new cover almost but not exactly lines up with the holes in the old baffle. But I was able to put the screws through the holes at a slight angle. Then I mounted it back on the ceiling, positioning so it would create new holes in the ceiling (to maintain tightness). The screws straightened up nicely.

Since then we have had several days where we ran the AC for several hours, including today. We are very, very, very happy with this change. No longer do we have hot spots and cold spots in the coach. At first I wasn't feelinhg the heavy stream of air directed at me and thought maybe it's not working well. Before long I realized it's cool in here and it's an even cool, not hot and cold spots.

I have the vents up in the bedroom just open a very small amount. That's all that is needed up there. Downstairs I have them opened most of the way.

If you ever need to clean these things, screw them all the say down, then reach up through the opening and push one of the tabs in the center piece. The outer piece comes right out. Just push it back in when done.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote