Thread: Rigid Foam Uses
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2017, 06:19 PM   #8
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
I'm currently working on the Monte for insulation. I've already put 2" rigid pink foam in the ceiling in the basement under the bedroom and currently putting more over the empty area between the basement and the steps going up to the bedroom. I also have the spray foam ready to hit all the holes from the basement and belly area where the pipes and wires come up into the unit. I also wedged 1 1/2" rigid foam in the beam opening behind the basement wall. I did leave the vent opening clear so the air would flow into the basement for heat in the cold weather. I keep a clip-on light in the basement with a regular 60 watt bulb in it incase the basement gets to cold also. All I have to do is plug it in and you'd be surprised how much heat that single bulb gives off.

Mntquail, if you are permanent for the winter I would definitely use some of the 2" rigid foam to put over and under your slides. I would think if you cut the panel just a little bit larger than the actual depth of the slide's roof and belly you should be able to just wedge them in but make sure if you have to bring in those slides those foam pieces are removed. Hate to see what would happen if the slides were brought in with them in. I would also cut rigid foam to the distance between the ground and your unit bottom and slides and wedge it into place also.

I went into the open area behind the basement wall where all the wires an pipes are and cut the duct from the furnace to the heat vent to the stool area on our unit and put a PVC "Y" in the middle of it and added another duct to it and routed it to the back of the convenient center where all the water pipe plumbing is to give it a little extra heat also.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote