View Single Post
Old 09-10-2020, 06:20 PM   #11
Vet4jdc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23051
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepjrn View Post
Arrived at our campground yesterday after a 2 hour trip and as I was setting up outside I hear my wife ask “what’s wrong with this drawer.”. Upon walking in I see a drawer in the island on an angle pointing up to the sky. Frustrated because every trip it’s something new, I said I’ll look in the morning. Well upon inspection, the wood frame that holds the drawer rails that attaches to the underside of the counter top came apart because of staples misplaced in the wood frame. Two hours later after laying on the floor and standing on my head I had it out, repaired with proper wood screws, and back together. My question, is it just me, but every trip, there is something to repair, do any of you have better luck then me? Sorry for venting, it’s just frustrating, just once I like to arrive with no issues to address.
Dear Frustrated! lol

No seriously, I understand your frustration. It should not be this way but it is. We are about 18 months into our "new" unit. We went for well over a year where I typed a list of things to fix in my phone every camping trip. Sometimes it was a drawer, or a staple, or a loose screw, or some loose trim, etc, etc, etc. Every trip something new and yes, very frustrating.

We went for a four day weekend over labor day weekend and I finally had a return trip home without requiring a repair. Keep at it and eventually you will get the gremlins out of it. Once you get there, it is VERY satisfying.