View Single Post
Old 08-03-2016, 05:11 PM   #14
stevedjarrell
Established Member

M.O.C. #18860
Ok, Still learning, been pulling my current rig for a number of years but never really looked into all of this as it was well below what I could tow. However now you got me thinking and looking stuff up so please bare with me. So my Truck (4.11 gears)has GCVW rating of 20500lbs, A GVWR of 9500lbs, MAX Fifth Wheel weight of 13,900lbs a max Pin weight of 3000LBS, a max Payload rating of 3189lbs and a curb weight of 6376. The Camper Dry Weight is listed as 10,148lbs. Pin weight is listed as 2270lbs. MY Hitch (Reese 15K pro series Slider) has a 3750LBS MAX Pin Weight rating. All of this is good stuff for me to know and think about as I have never really looked all this up beyond Fifth wheel Tow capacity. So thank you Tlightning, you are right. I will be very close if not slightly over my GVWR and very close to my GCVW. If I am factoring that right, between the truck and camper I am at around (Still not 100% on the true truck weight, may be less) 16.5K so I have 4K for everything else to hit my GCVW of 20.5K Which Ideally I want to be below. I really can not see putting 2 tons of weight on between GAS people, hitch and supplies but I do not doubt it can be done. Now you really got me thinking that I am going to have to visit a Scale on the way home and weigh this package. I will note I have never traveled with more than 10 gallons in the Fresh tank... for emergencies. I would really like to go back to a diesel and may in the future but for now this is what I have but at least I am aware of the weight limits I need to keep in mind. Well I have to say this is a pretty good learning experience for my first post. Thank you all.
stevedjarrell is offline   Reply With Quote