View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 04:36 AM   #19
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
We have had a Bosch 2500 Tankless in our house for the past 5 years without any problems. you can set the temp to almost anything from 75 to 150 degrees with 112 being the default temp. It takes about 20 to 30 seconds to get up to temp when you turn on the hot water but will stay there as long as you feed it propane. After we installed it out energy bills dropped 60%. I didn't realize our tank water heater was such an energy hog. our unit was the biggest that Bosch made at the time and is rated at 5 gpm. This means that you can take a shower, run the dish washer and washing machine and still have plenty of hot water in the shower. Our heater only weighed about 48 lbs. After I had it installed I had an issue with the exhaust sounding like a old lion roaring and called Bosch. They told me how to adjust the gas/air mix and the problem went away. They also told me that most of the parts are modular and be replaced by the homeowner. If I could find a location in the rig for one I would replace our rig heater with one...
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote