View Single Post
Old 11-11-2018, 06:45 AM   #35
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterdrago View Post
I've repaired those oriental reefers since they were being sold in the US and at first did not like them. They are far better over the last 7-10 years now. No matter what brand you buy, GE, Whirlpool, Maytag (Amana), Frigidaire, LG or Samsung, they all use the same efficient variable speed compressors, computer boards bigger than your laptop, 12 VDC motors , actuators, valves and user interface. If you want to stay away from junk, then let the Frigidaire stay in Mexico where they are made. Over 40 years in the business.
The reason you see so many issues online with LG and Samsung is that the are the most sold units now in the US.
I am certainly not any kind of appliance expert at all, but stating there have been better over the past 7-10 years (I do not think so). GONE are the days of buying an appliance and having it last for decades with no issues. Hell, 2 years ago I had a top of the line Trane heat pump system installed in my house. It has thrown fault codes 3 times and stopped working each time. I reset the codes myself and it has been fine. It has been looked at several times, and no one can fine anything wrong with it. IMHO they are putting WAY to much electronic BS in everything to try to meet Government standards and save energy.

Why does my fridge need to be hooked up to the internet ? That does nothing to keep the beer cold. LOL

Sorry for the rant, but when is it going to end ?
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote