View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 03:55 PM   #1
Md.FireFighter 3791RD
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20081
Send a message via AIM to Md.FireFighter 3791RD Send a message via MSN to Md.FireFighter 3791RD Send a message via Yahoo to Md.FireFighter 3791RD
Slide making noise,now stopped working

Hi everybody. I'm usually a guy who can figure things out and pretty handy and do my own repairs on the house or the fifth wheel and with help from You-Tube LOL. My issue is i have a 2016 3791rd rear elevated living room. My issue is today went to open all the slides just to check on it. So went to open the living room slides and the one on the entry door side would not open. Its was making a popping noise on the way going out real slow so i stopped to bring it back in and same noise. So tried it again and made the noise trying to go out but no more movement. Tried You-Tubing but not much on doing the repair except one guy changed out the gear box and im thinking that's my issue to but not sure were to start taking tentsion off the cables to get the two chains off to check out the gear box. From a few video's i watched this is a common problem with the gear boxes with the BAL- Accu Slide system. Has anybody replaced there gear box them selves and what is the steps to remove the two gear chains. The guy loosened the cables and marked them all to reinstall the new gear box then tightened them back were they were. But a guy commented on the guys video ,said that he only had to loosen the the cables on the black bracket ones. So looking for any help from you all. Also the way that guy did his gear box it did work,but it just seemed i think would be a easier way but maybe not. Thanks Chuck.
Md.FireFighter 3791RD is offline   Reply With Quote