View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 08:22 AM   #18
Twopetes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17535
Interesting discussions on this subject. We all know that ALL mfg's are looking for ways to reduce the cost - so we see lower quality components and workmanship. But as with everything, when you point a finger, you have 3 pointing back at yourself. We don't like greasing bearings, so someone came up with the E-Z Lube system to make it easy. Most do not like them, but if done correctly, they work as a mid-cycle maintenance process ( raise tire- spin -2 pumps). Many lube / grease fittings have been eliminated - self lubricating so we don't have to do it?!? Annual brake and bearing inspections are expensive and how many of us check TV wheel bearings annually? My High Country does not have wet bolts (yet - soon) but I watch them. TPMS and touch the tires at all stops (TV included)- and if the wheel is hotter near the hub than be the tire - check further - it is interesting to watch the TPMS tire temperature and pressure go up as you drive - Gets to be a lot to keep track of!

I love this site as you learn so much and get a lot of insight. I think we are all seeing that annual PM and a good checklist while traveling can reduce issues. I know I am! Guess it is time to make another checklist.

Sorry if I rambled a little - but great info! Drive Safe friends!
Retired and Lovin’ it!
Twopetes is offline   Reply With Quote