View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 09:16 AM   #7
kozzy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18144
I live in upsate NY, and I have never covered mine, I have heard pros and cons both ways. I asked Keystone reps once, There reply was simply, they are made to handle the weather and climates. If you properly maintain your unit, I personal do not see the need to cover. Inventory on new lots are never covered. I inspect my roof several times a year. In the spring, I clean the roof and do the treatment. I wash and wax my camper. I look it over for anything that needs to be addresses, sealed, etc. Done it with all my campers i have ever owned. I have never had any issues with the outside what so ever, and more campers have always been in excellent shape when trading or selling. If you do normal maintenance on the unit as suggested, you should be fine without a cover. My father used one on his class A, and Every year he is doing some sort of restore on the finish from the scuffs of the cover blowing over it and rubbing, etc.. I am a boater as well, and I do more work on my boat after removing the wrap than I do on my camper that just sits normally. However, I wont NOT cover my boat, as that really needs to be wrapped...different beast all together.
2019 Ram 3500 SRW Laramie CTD 6.7
kozzy is offline   Reply With Quote