View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 05:17 PM   #1
Dave Nowlin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7253
24 inches in 24 hours.

We returned yesterday from 2 weeks in Narvarre Florida. While there we experienced a rainstorm which dumped 24 inches in 24 hours. Many high dollar motor homes sprung leaks but our Montana passed this test with flying colors. We did experience 2 problems however. The electric heater element in our Dometic refrigerator failed and so did the thermostat. I had to switch to propane and use a temporary jumper to keep the fan running. We also found that the toilet had an odor. It seems the closet bolts on the sides weren't snugged very well and the 2 bolts on the rear of the floor flange were overly tightened this caused the gasket to be overly compressed on the rear and to slightly open up on the front. This allowed a seep when the toilet was flushed. I pulled the toilet and checked everthing out and remounted it by alternately tightening the closet bolts until they were tight and then I just snugged the 2 bolts on the rear and the smell went away. Maybe this is why the original owner traded this unit in after only owning it for a year. All is well now.
Dave Nowlin
Dave Nowlin is offline   Reply With Quote