View Single Post
Old 10-19-2018, 08:21 AM   #6
awheeler
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling Three View Post
I agree with you guys, the HWH shouldn't have tripped the 50 amp breaker in the camper but it did. I have a 15 amp breaker for the HWH. Anyway, after much work I finally got to the ac power junction box on top of the HWH and found the 120vac neutral wire had fried and the black 120vac wire had definitely over heated. I cut off the fried ends, attached extender wires using wire nuts and got everything back together. Extremely difficult getting to the junction box. I will fire up the electrical feed to the HWH tomorrow. The HWH worked fine using propane. More later.

This may be exactly what is going on with my hot water heater. We have been dealing with this now for months. I have the the propane working (again) but not the electric (module board went out twice). I have changed out every part possible. NOW - I need to work backwards from the switch inside the 5'er to the hot water heater - not an easy task due to very limited space. I KNOW I have a fried wire somewhere - I could smell the wire burning.

I look forward to hearing how went about finding your issue and if it works. Where exactly is the junction box?
awheeler is offline   Reply With Quote