View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 11:20 PM   #1
leemedic
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13354
I am Desperate! Need Help!

I do not know where to turn! I have a serious problem with my 2013 Montana 3582RL.

Whenever I hookup my Montana to my pickup truck (apply weight to the hitch pin) I get separation on the curve near the bulkhead causing a separation near the trim. I cannot keep it caulked there, it keeps pulling the caulk apart. When the Montana weight is on the landing gears, all looks normal.

I have gone to a repair shop, who removed the front filon per Lippert's instructions and did inspect the frame/chassis and found no broken welds, but they could not explain the movement.

I have contacted Keystone, spoke with a technician there, but I am getting no movement from them.

I have taken a short video of this movement from the outside view, and I took a video from inside the LP tank compartment looking forward.

I need help. I cannot use my Montana like this in fear of severe water damage. I sure could use some help. Please watch the videos.

This video is looking at the movement from the outside on the entrance side of the Montana. There is NO movement on the other side of the Montana.

This video is looking forward from inside the LP tank compartment. I have drawn a line at the vertical seam to make the movement easier to see. The wall to the left of the vertical seam is the bulkhead, and the wall to the right is the exterior wall on the entrance side of the RV.

Please! I sure could use some help.
leemedic is offline   Reply With Quote