Thread: STOLEN TRUCK
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 01:18 PM   #21
grampachet
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8045
This is a post from a year ago or so. I was living in Canada at the time and the RCMP informed me that the 250 and 350 are some of the most stolen vehicles. I had installed my own idea of an anti theft device and it did work, here were my thoughts at the time. I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

As I looked at my F250 this morning I noticed the drivers door was not locked. I tried to lock it using the 8/9 button and it wouldn't lock. Kept trying, using the inside auto lock...no luck. Tried my key and oops it had been broken. grr After looking some more I saw the ignition switch was destroyed, totally. grr grr
I am thankful nothing was stolen, gps, hands-free phone device, ipod player, brake control, socket kit and much more was still there, not even touched.
I have a customized anti-theft system I made that kept the Ford sitting in my driveway. I installed a hidden switch that breaks the circuit that allows you to put the vehicle in gear. (you know the one that requires you to step on the brake to put into gear.) Guess I sorta won that one.

Good luck on your search for a new truck.
grampachet is offline   Reply With Quote