View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 06:25 PM   #11
alandaudrey
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9011
I'm wondering if Carol didn't hit on something worth considering. She said that just a small change in leveling the trailer affects the way the condensate runs off of the roof. Judi said their rig was dead level.

Last year while we were visiting MI we had the same problem. I also removed the A/C cover and the sheet metal around the evaporator and fan motor. I also had no blockage of the drain holes. I dumped probably a gallon of water into the drip pan and the water drained normally through the drain holes. The inside of the evaporator was clean and there were no leaves or trash anywhere in the unit. The one thing I do remember was I too was perfectly level. I remember because it usually doesn't happen. As much as I try I usually am a small bit off of level.

After we left MI I didn't run the forward A/C again until we got back into the warmer climate several months later. I was going to give everything another look before I would depend on the forward A/C before leaving the trailer with it running. I have never been bothered with the leak again and living in Texas we do run at least one A/C almost all of the time. I'm wondering that maybe if the trailer is perfectly level that possibly it changes the drain characteristics or retains the condensate in the drip pan?

Judi, maybe you could lower or raise your landing gear a slight amount and see if things change? Just a hunch and it would be an easy fix.
alandaudrey is offline   Reply With Quote