Thread: Andersen Hitch
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2018, 02:52 PM   #24
kozzy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18144
Not for anything, but I have the Pull rite auto slide, and have been trying to decide to go to something lighter, like the Andersen or the Pull Rite super light. I have researched everything I could ,and eventually asked LCI directly what I had to worry about, regarding the different stresses on any part of the frame of the camper, as well as a different pin box perhaps, since I have a short box truck and turning clearance is an issue. Here is the response from LCI:

Thank you Edward,
> Anything that uses an adapter like the Anderson Ultimate Hitch is not recommended as it puts too much stress on the upper deck and chassis. If your looking for a goose style hitch, look at the Reese Goose box which has extra shock, spring value that works well with our chassis.
>
> On any pinbox that has a turret, just be aware that when backing your unit with this style of pinbox, if you try to force a 90 degree backing turn, you may damage the chassis spring hangers, structure, and or wing set of the pinbox.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Brian O’Rourke
> Technical Service Representative
> w: 574-537-8900 | f: 574-534-7161

Also, in a subsequent email, the dont consider a capture plate, like that used on the pull rite auto slide as an "adapter" and state that is fine.

Im not staying not to use these super light hitches, im just passing along what the frame manufacture says about it. In any event, im done looking for a different solution, and will stick with the conventional fifth wheel connection. its heavy, but oh well i guess.
2019 Ram 3500 SRW Laramie CTD 6.7
kozzy is offline   Reply With Quote