View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 09:02 AM   #1
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
“Is it worth it?”

I was at the dealership just yesterday having the 350 looked at. I had a suspicion about one of the wheel bearings and I was right. Did you know that on a Ford you have to replace the entire hub assembly to replace a bearing? (At least you do on one like ours.) Well I also had them look things over for a soon to be trip. With at least one other minor thing the total bill was $716.16. I later I drove it home confident that everything was good to go for our trip next month.

This morning I got in the truck to move it so I could cut some grass where it was at and it wouldn’t start. Kept trying to start it several times but it was a no go situation. Well thanks to Good Sam they took it back to my dealership this afternoon for another round. I suspect that a cam sensor is out again. I have already changed one of these twice now. I was looking back at my expenses for the past year and maintenance cost has averaged about $253.00/ month. Now I would expect this to level out and not stay quite as expensive where I’ve had so much work done in the past but right now it’s not looking too good for that. If this keeps up payments on a new one won’t look quite as bad.

I had several hours at the dealership yesterday walked passed a used 450 but didn’t even ask about them to a salesman. Can you believe $45,000 for a used one with 67K miles on it?

I have heard that the new 6.7 is a great engine and they highly praised them in the service department. Oh well I’m now waiting on a call to see what they got me for this time. Most of them at that dealership know me pretty good now. Maybe I can get a favorite customer discount or something. I think I'll ask them about that!

Oh yeah, to answer my own question “Is it worth it?”
Yes by all means it is if you enjoy it!