View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 10:31 AM   #3
stimpy123
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8267
Send a message via Yahoo to stimpy123
blamb,
I might be a little late for you, but if you are in a standard park with full hookup, you could leave a trickle of water run through the night, as long as you also leave the grey water tank valve open, this allows the water to continue to run through the hose, even slightly to keep it from freezing in the hose. I concur with Hamrad, that if you wish to have more protection, use a heat tape. This tape should be under the insulating foam tubing and that will keep the "heat" onto the hose. These tapes are thermostatically controlled, so they will only be "on" when the temperature gets below the freezing point. I don't know exactly the temperature setting, but they are factory set and not adjustable. I've lived in my RV during early cold spells in Reno, NV and cold weather in St. George, Ut. by doing this and had no problems, and am still using the fresh water hose from three years ago.
Best wishes and just think, the 21st of Dec is the shortest day of the year, and spring is on the way. I like to think possively.
stimpy123 is offline   Reply With Quote