View Single Post
Old 05-29-2019, 09:46 PM   #26
laverdur
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11972
Although I live in Oregon, I have a NH E-Z Pass for my travels back east. I went through the same hassle talking to NY, PA and MA about how to use the E-Z Pass when towing and not towing. NH had the only sane answer. You use one transponder. You enter the license number for both the TV and the trailer into the system. When you pass a toll point, sensors and cameras get the plate numbers and count the axles and you are charged accordingly. If driving solo, there are only two axles and one plate. It has worked perfectly from Indiana to Maine and from Maine to NC and KY. I would not travel back east without it. Soon I'll be flying to RI and renting a car. I'll take my transponder and when I get the rental, I'll log on to my E-Z Pass account and enter the license number and vehicle description of the rental. I expect it will all work well. On a recent trip to FL, I stopped in a service area just after entering a toll road, the first of many I would be hitting. I bought a SunPass at the service area ($4.99), registered it and my TV and trailer and hit the road. Everything got charged as it should and I didn't have to wait in hour-long lines to pay cash.