View Single Post
Old 05-29-2019, 02:37 PM   #21
TK1
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21975
Thumbs up Sun Pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasnracin View Post
I just called the PA EZ Pass customer no-Service line. I was asking if I could register my truck under our existing account and use the transponder from our car in the truck when pulling the 5th wheel. She initially told me I would need a Commercial RV transponder when pulling the trailer because the total weight would be over 15,000 lbs and a regular transponder when not pulling it. I pressed her on how stupid that sounded. Then she changed the story and said that i could use the regular transponder all the time, no matter the weight and axle/tire count, as long as the truck is registered in the system. Bottom line...I don’t trust her answers as far as I could throw an elephant.

So if anyone uses an EZ Pass, could you let me know the regulations for it concerning our rigs and which transponder can be used? Thanks!!!

We use the Florida Sun Pass it is currently good in 18 states and soon will be good nationwide as mandated by Federal Law. We registered our truck,the d/w's car and the Monty,bought one transponder and move it between vehicles. There was no mention on the Sun Pass site about requiring any special "commercial" transponder.
TK1 is offline   Reply With Quote