View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 09:40 AM   #11
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theunz View Post
I can't speak to the 6.7, but on my 6.0 when the EGR Cooler failed at about 80,000 miles it was highly recommended that the oil cooler be replaced as well. IICC the service manager said that the two work in conjunction and that as one starts receiving restricted flow it impacts the other. At any rate he had to fight with the extended warranty company to get it approved. Total bill approached $3,000 about 8 or 9 years ago. You might want to ask your mechanic if the EGR and oil cooler system is similar on the 6.7. Although I would definitely consider what others have mentioned, be aware that you may be unable to have a dealer take your truck in on trade.

Doing my homework on these EGR coolers have found out that the 6.0 and 6.4 engines are much more costly to replace the coolers - like 2X. The worst part evidently on the 6.7 is that the cooler tube to manifold bolts easily break but at least can be accessed for drilling out and installing Helicoils. This is the reason I may farm it out to a good shop
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote