View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 04:52 AM   #1
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Warm & Toasty package

This has been the coldest weather we have ever been in this 06 3400. We are a average 06 3400. Seals fit properly, slides have been adjusted and fit normally. Major holes in the underbelly have been plugged. I think we are as tight as we can get.

We have seen lows in the 30's and 20's several times in the last week. The reported low was 26 last night . It was 31 degrees on our front patio when we took these inside temp measurements with a good digital thermometer.

Temp measured on the shelf above the counter in the 3400 where we keep the inside thermometer 72 degrees. Camper thermometer set at 70 degrees. Kenwood oil filled heater right behind me set on high and heat rave heater with temp set on high at the top of the steps up front. This AM when we got up the inside camper temp was 69 degrees outside temp was 29 degrees. Furnace ran a lot last night.

temp on the floor under the table..you know where your feet are 59 degrees.
On floor under the computer desk 57 degrees
On the computer desk 63 degrees

Here is a good one down in the well at the front door 48 degrees

Do your feet feel cold when you are sitting on the sofa ..on floor at front of sofa 54 degrees

On the wall right next to the window by the sofa 61 degrees..Sure wish I had those dual pane windows.. that would have been a big help.....NOT.

Now on the floor in the center part right over the underbelly..69 degrees.. that works good.. To bad we have slides???

A warm point was in the front closet on the floor 65 degrees. The nose is well insulated..and we have a skirt attached.

Warm and toasty.... my butt...

Oh It is now 11:45 Am.. outside temp 41.2 degrees.. Inside temp
74.2..think I can turn the electric heaters down to low

From Jan 6 to Jan 9th used 125KW of electric and 1 tank of propane.

We purchased this rig with the intent of staying in temps in the range of @ 40 to 90 degrees and normally we have done that with good results.

Would have to do a lot better than this price range of RV for real cold weather camping..although I can not see why anyone would want to deliberately camp in freezing temps. Just my opinion of course...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote