View Single Post
Old 12-30-2006, 03:08 AM   #12
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Montana Rog

Hi Ozz,I too am a retired electrician. If you put a price on all your mods, how much would your rig cost? I have done a few mods..mostly things to make it warmer in winter and cooler in summer. I had wet insulation under the bedroom floor, ripped that out and installed eurethane with foil on both sides. Insulated the entire basement. Put doors on all the unused storage areas, Fixed a multitude of bad workmanship issues, and am in the process of putting white beadboard in the bathroom. Wife says having a fruit border in the toilet room is a no no..Yet to do, is remove the microwave and support back, and make it level with the rest of the unit. My 6 yr old grandson could have done a better job of putting that in! I have the outlet installed in the basement too. I will never catch you, but I enjoy reading what you have accomplished. When my work is done on this one, it will be time to look for another one and start on that. As a construction electrician, it is in our blood to build or die. I'm not ready to die yet and I have not run out of money yet to stop. I do have a security system,which is a infrared wireless camera that works really good. I am going to order "Rex the Barking Dog" He has a sensor that knows when someone is outside your Monty, and starts barking. He "senses" through walls. and starts growling and finally sounds like an attack dog. You don't have to feed him, comes with a remote, and I doubt if any intruder would take a chance of prying open your door with a 100db mad dog behind your door. You can set the sensitivity also. Oh...one more question..what does your rig weigh? Do you pull it with a Peterbuilt? ha ha..
Hi Rog,
The dog idea is unique, might work!
As for the price of my rig, I don't know, to me, priceless. If one were to pay me for my hours spent working on it....a large pile of cash. You know how construction hour costs mount up.
I'm glad you understand about me working on my unit almost non stop. There may come a time that I look around and see no more improvements to be made, maybe I'll ask Keystone to give me a new something for me to rebuild...............
My Gross weight was 22960 for the rig on the way here, a couple of hundred pounds maybe on top of that.
Sounds like you are making good progress with your list as well.
Take care, Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote