View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 06:21 AM   #3
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
You might have to go in and have your computer reprogrammed. Losing power should not have caused this but I have heard of the computer losing its mind before. The fuel tank information is kept by this computer.

Do you know why your batteries discharged like that? Maybe you have an electrical truck problem and this drained the battery. When my batteries died and putting them back in, nothing else was affected nor should have been.

My charger also requires me to disconnect the terminals to recharge a battery. I just remove the battery from the vehicle or for my trailer I have a disconnect switch, then connect the charger. Does you operate this way? Maybe with some chargers, leaving the battery connected to the vehicle might cause problems. Just another thing to look into. Note, I have a pretty old and simple charger. Works great but it ain't too smart. I have to be the smart one and we all know that's a risk.

I had a minor fuel gauge problem in another vehicle and had it repaired under warranty. They claimed they replaced a "computer". This car was a Mercedes Benz. Everything is computerized, even the gas pedal. Downright scary. Another time, my pedal started acting funny, too. Again, warranty work and the claim was another computer part that sensed how much pressure was on the pedal. German overengineering at its finest.

Please let us know what you find out.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote