View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 02:42 PM   #6
ken
Montana Master

M.O.C. #345
Mike
We had Campers World install the Air Lift air bags/springs and the Load controller II double gage system on our truck. It has a compressor, two gages, and individual air systems that I can control the air pressure in each bag. They made a special installation and put the gages, air releases, and pump switch in the center of the dash where there was a large storage area below the heater switches. It looks good in our 2500HD. Our truck set down a couple of inches with the Montana before we added the air lift bags. Now it sets level. I can control the air pressure from inside the truck. We also have a 45 gal tank installed in the place of the original tank and there is no lean at all with the extra weight. Without the Montana, the truck sits approx an inch higher than it did without the air bags. The unit comes with extra air add points in case the compressor doesn't work and also has an automatic on switch which i set to 5 lbs so it wouldn't come on when the trailer was not attached to the truck. I normally carry 10lbs when the RV is not hooked up. I hope this helps.
ken is offline   Reply With Quote