Thread: Refridgerator
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2005, 11:24 AM   #3
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
littlespud

I read this, and first thought, was, well, I get mold at home, I found mold on my Montana just last week (on the top of the frig door, in those little grooves in the seals). Then I went on to read more of the posts. Then I thought about it some more.

I think that mold is caused by dirt and high humidity.

I see you are from CA, did you get the abnormal amounts of rain this year like I kept hearing about on the news??? Would your humidity levels been higher than in past years?? Just kinda thinking aloud here,

Now, how bout where you camped last year, did you get into any particularly dusty or dirty places, left the windows open more than normal??? Again, just kinda thinking aloud.

We are in the Rio Grande Valley, leaving the windows open as much as possible, first cause it is soooo fab to do so, second, cause we have to pay our electric bill here, 12 cents a kilowatt hour. I noticed today that there is a LOT more dust in this rig than I normally see, fine dust.

Anyway, just a few thoughts, for us all to ponder.

I don't see anything different about the seals on this unit that what I have on my stick built fridges or from previous rigs, but maybe it is a different material/substance??

Hope I did not insult anyone with my thinking aloud. Did not mean to.

Carol

CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote