Thread: Insulation
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2004, 09:25 AM   #14
Bob & Lee
Montana Master

M.O.C. #718
I spent this last week-end installing the plexaglass windows I talked about. It was not a hard job, I measured the window frames top edge and bottom edge and left and right took the measurements to Home Depot and they cut it for FREE only straight cuts, so it took 6 sheets.I was going to cut the curves to match the frame in the RV. BUT I didnt need to, the square edge hangs off a little and is not in the way and can't be seen with the day shade down and didnt look bad with it up so we left it sq. Had to get screen tabs to hold it in place, smallest I could find was 5/16 and need 1/8 so had to cut every one to fit with a belt sander, a little time spent but worked good. the window over the dinning room I had to get some nylon 1" spacers to put it up, we had a blind put up there in the past so cant see it either. If I need to later I can cut the corners round but havent needed to yet. Put the glass on the front door screen and cut it to fit all the way around, Cut all the things I need to with my MOTO tool and it works great. So far we have notice a little warmer with less heat but we will see when it gets colder.This whole thing cost me for 15 windows and the door about $250.(my wife wanted to leave the kitchen window uncovered)The only things I have found so far are the curtain will somtines hang up at the top and you need to pull out a little to slide it by the hangers that hold up the glass. Iam working pictures and will post them.

Bob & Lee is offline   Reply With Quote